There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gone Fishin'

As many of you know, I promised that I would take up commercial fishing when we found out that we were moving to Bangkok.  So far, I've failed in that regard.  However, I did take my first step this past Thursday when I went with our friend Andy to catch giant Mekong catfish.

We spent Thursday morning at Bungsamran or Happy Lake, which is about 10km from downtown Bangkok.  Now, I'm used to fishing in Key West with live shrimp for small snapper and grouper so I was a little confused when we got to the lake.  We took a guide with us because guides are cheap and they could make sure we're doing our best to catch some monster fish.  I'm glad we did.  I don't think I would have figured out how to turn a bucket of ground up chicken powder into a ball of bait.  Anyway, since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just let the pictures do the talking.












 
I do have to admit.  I did not think that reeling in a 50 pound fish would be so hard.  Those things are strong.

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are monsters! I think those have to be the biggest fish I've ever seen caught out of a lake.

    ReplyDelete